Secrets of Success in 8 Words by Richard St. John
Why do people succeed? Is it because they’re smart, or are they just lucky? Analyst Richard St. John condenses years of interviews into an unmissable 3-minute presentation on the real secrets of success.
Watch this really insightful 3-minute video about what leads to success? 7 years and 250 interviews to find out what makes TEDsters tick led to the following key points.
- Passion, you do it because you really really want to do it.
- Work, hard work and having fun doing it.
- Good, being damn good about the thing you do. Practice, all the time.
- Focus, make up your mind and do that one thing with all you’ve got. Always single-task.
- Push, make yourself go. Don’t stop mentally, physically. Through doubts and shyness.
- Serve, give others something of value.
- Ideas, notice things around you, be curious, solve problems, make connections.
- Persist, go through failures, criticism, rejection, assholes, pressure, Just don’t give up.