Secrets of Success in 8 Words by Richard St. John
Why do people succeed? Is it because they’re smart, or are they just lucky? Analyst Richard St. John condenses years of interviews into an unmissable 3-minute presentation on the real secrets of success. This is based on his book.
Watch this really insightful 3-minute video about what leads to success? 7 years and 250 interviews to find out what makes TEDsters tick led to the following key points.
- Passion, you do it because you really really want to do it.
- Work, hard work and having fun doing it.
- Good, being damn good about the thing you do. Practice, all the time.
- Focus, make up your mind and do that one thing with all you’ve got. Always single-task.
- Push, make yourself go. Don’t stop mentally, physically. Through doubts and shyness.
- Serve, give others something of value.
- Ideas, notice things around you, be curious, solve problems, make connections.
- Persist, go through failures, criticism, rejection, assholes, pressure, Just don’t give up.
This book is called “The ultimate guide to success.” It’s an inspiring and practical guide to achievement that makes success understandable. Richard St. John spent 10 years researching success and doing interviews with Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Robin Williams, Martha Stewart, Steven Spielberg, the Google founders, five Nobel Prize winners, and 500 other super successful people. From that, he discovered the 8 traits of successful people, and these “8 To Be Great” are the foundation for success in any career. Check it out on Amazon.